- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- · 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- · 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- · 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- · 1 teaspoon onion powder
- · 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- · 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- . 1 (4- to 5-lb.) bone-in pork shoulder roast (Boston butt)
- · 1 cup yellow mustard
- · 1/3 cup honey
- · 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- · 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- · 1 (15-oz.) package slider miniature sandwich buns
- 1. Stir together first 7 ingredients. Rub brown sugar mixture over roast; place roast in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Whisk together mustard and next 3 ingredients. Pour mustard mixture over top of roast. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours) or until meat shreds easily with a fork. Let stand 15 minutes. Shred pork with a fork; stir until sauce is incorporated.
- 3. Bake slider buns according to package directions. Split buns. Spoon 1/4 cup barbecued pork Cover with tops of buns, and serve immediately. Add you favorite slaw to make these even tastier!
- These are a little on the spicy side so if you prefer a milder flavor cut the red pepper and red pepper flakes portion in half.